TIPS TO BECOME A MODEL
1. Be yourself. Never change just to get a photo shoot, the most important thing is that you feel beautiful and don’t let any photographer tell you otherwise!
2. Be careful when signing contracts or releases. Some contracts may require you to model exclusively for a particular agency. A lot of releases (which are more like mini-contracts that are done for a single shoot), will emphasize the photographer’s right to an image, saying that they may do whatever they wish, but don’t mention the model’s rights. It is your image they are using, and you have a say in what is done with pictures taken of you. Make sure to discuss this before signing anything.
3. Remember to remain healthy. Eat right, exercise often, and get enough sleep. Just don’t starve yourself!
4. You don’t have to have a portfolio, you just need to make sure you have some snapshots of
5. It may also be worth your while to try sites that allow you to talk to experts in the modeling industry. These sites allow you to ask industry professionals questions and get the answers you want and many also provide additional services like photo and portfolio advice, as well as management contracts etc.
6. Also something very important have a lot of self-confidence and you will be just fine. (Just don’t get too cocky.)
7.You can also enter modeling contests. However, make sure you check that these are being run by a reputable agency.
8. If, for whatever reason, you’ve decided signing with an agency isn’t right for you then you could consider going freelance. But be warned: the pay is usually considerably less and there are fewer safety precautions.
9. Know your limits on style and nudity. If you don’t want to do glamour work or are uncomfortable doing full nudity, speak up and don’t let people push you past those limits. Also, consider where you want your career to go in the future. Sure, you may be comfortable doing glamour now, but what if you decide you want to do fashion or catalog work in the future? You might be discriminated against if they know you have done this line of work.
10. Some modeling schools are licensed by the Board of Education. However, whether or not they will teach you how to become a model is questionable, and some agencies even say that attending a modeling school can teach you bad habits that are hard to unlearn! They are also expensive.
11. Get your parents’ permission if you’re under the age defined by your country as being an adult.
12. Get a website. It helps spread the word that you’re out there and also serves as a place for your adoring fans.
13. Keep all your photos together so none of them get lost- especially the good ones that you think are worth showing.
14. Be very neat and brag about how good a photographer had done.